Masonry Solutions LLC has been providing our clients with smart chimney waterproofing solutions for many years now. We’ve provided our services to Norwalk, CT, Fairfield, Westport, Stamford and New Canaan. We’ve been fortunate enough to have a large client base in these towns.
We also extend our services to Wilton, Greenwich, Redding and Trumbull and have worked on several projects in the area. Our company has earned a lot of trust over the years for our honest and diligent service.
The Dangers of Water to ChimneysWater is a force that can carve out mountains; your humble chimney wouldn’t be able to handle it on its own. Without proper masonry waterproofing, moisture can seep into the material. On its own, moisture is problematic enough, however, when the weather freezes the water during the colder temperatures and thaws it during warmer temperatures, the damage is worse. The damage caused can be extensive:
- Decayed and weakened exterior mortar
- Stained chimney
- Water stains on the walls and ceiling surrounding the chimney
- Compromised flue lining
- Rusted metal and firebox
- Rusted damper
- Clogged clean-out area
- Compromised hearth support system
- Compromised chimney brick structure
- Malfunctioning central heating
- Weakened and dangerous structure
Smart Solution Chimney WaterproofingSeeing just how much damage water can cause, good waterproofing seem to be the way to go. Our company is determined to provide complete waterproofing solutions to our clients. However, there are certain procedures we follow when it comes to chimney waterproofing.
- Inspection: Before we even go onto waterproofing, we need to know if the chimney is in sound condition. Our masons will conduct a thorough inspection of your chimney before taking any other step.
- Repairs: If there are any problems with the chimney, they need to be repaired first. It’s only after the repairs are done that we can move on to waterproofing.
- Installation of Chimney Caps: The first, most basic step to prevent water damage is to install chimney caps.
Waterproofing a ChimneyOnce everything else is in place, we go on to apply Chimney waterproofing products. WE NEVER USE PAINT OR SEALERS TO WATERPROOF THE CHIMNEYS, because it just traps the moisture inside the brick and mortar. Instead, we use products that allow the brick and mortar to breathe, allow the moisture that has already seeped in to evaporate out.
Waterproofing is a preventive measure that doesn’t permit the water to seep in the first place. The work done usually comes with a warranty of about 5-10 years and can save you a lot of money in repairs.
If you have any more questions regarding our services, feel free to give us a call at 203-299-1833. You can also get in touch with us by filling up this Contact Us form and we’ll get back to you.